Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can you visualise, can you photoshop...

Can you visualise, can you photoshop... 2 years 2 months ago #1520

• Thomas
  • Administrator
  • Non Visualiser
  • Thank you received: 89
Please can you make us a picture that illustrates to us what it looks like when you visualise with your eyes open.
If you need anything just Send me a Private Message

Please don't be afraid, Make a Suggestion to Improve Our Community
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jennjenn

Can you visualise, can you photoshop... 2 years 2 months ago #1530

This could be so nice to see! :D

Can you visualise, can you photoshop... 2 years 2 months ago #1534

• Nathan Buzby
  • Senior Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 96
that would be interesting for sure
Tone Disclaimer: If you read something I write and feel I am trolling, please read it again and imagine instead you are talking to a teacher or professor. I do not write from a place of self-superiority or ego, I favor dialectical conversations that seek to find underlying causation and truth.

Can you visualise, can you photoshop... 2 years 2 months ago #1536

• gone wild
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 4
go to artsyberger.wordpress.com That's the only way I know to show what it is I see; I manipulate photos to look like what I see. (not all-some are "straight")

It's hard to explain "where" I see things- not out in front of me, but on a vertical plane "in" my head. But "seeing" isn't like seeing with your eyes. It's unconscious and yet visible. I do use photoshop to "materialize" what I see,

I'm new so I'm not sure how I can show a photo here, so I could be more specific. Just go to artsyberger and scroll through.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by gone wild.

Can you visualise, can you photoshop... 2 years 2 months ago #1538

• Nathan Buzby
  • Senior Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 96
Heya Gone Wild! Thanks for the visit!
Tone Disclaimer: If you read something I write and feel I am trolling, please read it again and imagine instead you are talking to a teacher or professor. I do not write from a place of self-superiority or ego, I favor dialectical conversations that seek to find underlying causation and truth.

Can you visualise, can you photoshop... 2 years 2 months ago #1606

• Laura
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 27
My husband can visualize quite well. I asked him to picture a beach. With his eyes open he says he sees the beach but he pointed up. Like he sees it straight above his head. He said it's not as clear as being there and if he closes his eyes he sees more of it and it's clearer.

He also described how he uses it at work. He is a mechanic and was working on a big job on a tractor trailer. There was 20+ nuts, bolts, sensors that needed to be secured. He had to climb on top of the truck and under to get to all the these. You couldn't see everything at once and some of them you had to do by feel. When he was done he double checked all his work In his head. He could see himself tightening every bolt and connecting every sensor. As he was telling me the story he said could see himself tightening the bolts. Again he said it was kind of above his head not in his vision.

Not sure if that helped any.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Laura.

Can you visualise, can you photoshop... 2 years 4 days ago #2067

• Platonis
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 1
This would be difficult to photoshop ... but it is interesting that you mention visualizations with the eyes open. It is indeed much easier to visualize a scenery when I close my eyes. For example, sitting here in my room with my eyes open, I find it difficult to imagine the walls turning pink and green, the table deforming, and eyes popping out of the loudspeakers. However, if I close my eyes, I can easily imagine these kind of things. These kind of imaginations are easiest to do if they involve deformations, rotations, re-coloring or in general any kind of transformations (think of transformations from human to alien in those blockbuster Hollywood movies that you might know). What is more difficult to imagine, are 'teleportations', and this requires more effort, as there is no continuous transformation involved. For example, even if I want to imagine how it looks like to be in my garden, my visual imagination does not teleport to this location, but it rather seems to go there (although at such a high speed that I usually do not realize the difference between teleportation and continuous translocation if I do not really think carefully).

Hope that helps somehow ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Benpai

Can you visualise, can you photoshop... 1 year 1 month ago #4564

• Blackstage
  • Junior Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 9
Really interesting, Platonis - deforming, rotating, re-coloring with eyes closed, doesn't work at all for me. I can only photoshop things and marvel at how they can become (I don't like it much, because I prefer realistic photos.) But the exact WORDS you used to describe your example ("the walls turning pink and green, the table deforming, and eyes popping out of the loudspeakers") made me WANT to believe in someone being able to see that kind of thought/concept/image manipulation! I used to be very, very literal and would have thought eyes popping out of loudspeakers as grotesque - I probably took the words too seriously. Now I revel in the incredible scala of possibility and just try to let things be interesting and fun.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds