Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What is your visualisation process?

What is your visualisation process? 2 years 3 weeks ago #787

• glados
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 2
For those who can visualise, when you're visualising something do you see it more as:

A) a canvas where you can paint things and the individual objects and such you visualise stays there, or

B) a box where you can conjure things by keeping it on your mind and you need to keep track of each objects; if you forget an object it disappears

I'm personally B, this is why I don't really consider visualising as seeing something or visual. I'm interested in knowing how other visualisers respond :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What is your visualisation process? 1 year 10 months ago #2068

• Platonis
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 1
It is B for me, and I think this might be the same for everybody who can visualize. However, I would not name it "box", but rather a map of things which are arranged in a geometric way. If I lose interest in one object, it slowly fades out in the map. This map is not fixed to my retina - e.g. if I close my eyes and visualize my environment, I can turn my head and the location in the imagined space (but not on the retina) of the objects is still the same. So it's rather not a picture painted on my retina, but a geometrical or spatial arrangement of objects around me.

What is your visualisation process? 1 year 10 months ago #2087

• DizzyP
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 8
I would say I am a B. It is very similar to how you described.
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds