Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I wanna make a short video about aphantasia in danish!

I wanna make a short video about aphantasia in danish! 3 years 8 months ago #1002

I want to make a short video in danish about Aphantasia.

Mainly to share it on youtube and Facebook - also thougt about sending it to the local TV stations. In Denmark we have this show called - good evening Denmark. It could be a great place to tell about aphantasia! Woohuu 15 minutes of fame :P Well i hope it could make them hear about it or maybe mention it.

Im sure we have some like us in Denmark, beside me.

SOoooooOO

What do I have to mention in my video!
I want to make a list, so I don't forget anything.

Please come with your thoughts - thank you :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas, phoenixmoon

LSD/Acid 3 years 8 months ago #1004

• phoenixmoon
  • Junior Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 45
sounds a wonderful idea

LSD/Acid 3 years 8 months ago #1005

• phoenixmoon
  • Junior Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 45
my dutch is passable maybe try to get people from holland and belgium here most can peak english anyway.

I wanna make a short video about aphantasia in danish! 3 years 8 months ago #1008

monkeymaiden wrote:
I have already recorded a Youtube clip on my experience of Aphantasia but iMovie won't finalise the project so can't upload it.

Can't wait to see your video.

I don't know what you should mention as it seems so personal a thing for us all!! :)

Just wanted to have all the facts correct! And try to tell my story in a way people with aphantasia can relate and other people to question it.

I wanna make a short video about aphantasia in danish! 3 years 8 months ago #1016

• Nathan Buzby
  • Senior Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 98
When I made my video I basically focused on a few key points

Definition of Aphantasia

Misconceptions about Aphantasia So the literal meaning of Imagination vs the vernacular meaning, not sure if that is an issue in Danish anyhow, root words and such.

Emphasizing difference over disability or deficit.
Tone Disclaimer: If you read something I write and feel I am trolling, please read it again and imagine instead you are talking to a teacher or professor. I do not write from a place of self-superiority or ego, I favor dialectical conversations that seek to find underlying causation and truth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas, monkeymaiden

I wanna make a short video about aphantasia in danish! 3 years 8 months ago #1017

• Thomas
  • Administrator
  • Non Visualiser
  • Thank you received: 90
Explaining to others why this different way of thinking, doesn't make you a different person. I'm tempted to make a video...
If you need anything just Send me a Private Message

Please don't be afraid, Make a Suggestion to Improve Our Community
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Thomas.

I wanna make a short video about aphantasia in danish! 3 years 8 months ago #1020

• Nathan Buzby
  • Senior Aphantasiac
If we tap into some of our media creative types, we might be able to create something for the site itself.
Tone Disclaimer: If you read something I write and feel I am trolling, please read it again and imagine instead you are talking to a teacher or professor. I do not write from a place of self-superiority or ego, I favor dialectical conversations that seek to find underlying causation and truth.

I wanna make a short video about aphantasia in danish! 3 years 8 months ago #1531

So I written a bit down!! I want to talk about to the danish people.
Im sorry for the danish some places.

I need some feedback - do I miss somthing here?
Anything you think could be a good thing to mention.
I havn't postet what i want to tell about my own story.

• Bob Faw, an American psychologist shows that 2-3% of befolking has aphantasia
• There are approximately 5.6 million. People in Denmark
• This means around 168,000 people in Denmark
• These 168,000 people I mainly want to turn to
• Aphantasia - Greek ors a (whitout) Phantasia (capacity two form images) even to form images
• Cognitive neurlog Adam Zeman looked into the concept that people can not visualize
• First identified by Francis Galton in 1880
• In 2015, this state named aphantasia
• Minds eye - inner eye
• Total aphantasia

AAAAND SHOOOT!!

I wanna make a short video about aphantasia in danish! 3 years 8 months ago #1537

• Nathan Buzby
  • Senior Aphantasiac
I think the facts are good Victor, I suppose the question is, do you want to relay anything beyond the simple facts? If so, what questions might you want to address, concerns? Is it difference vs Deficiency? Issues on creativity and imagination? Just some examples, and nothing wrong with strictly factual either! Just providing my sounding board services to help you flesh it out more.

I wanna make a short video about aphantasia in danish! 3 years 8 months ago #1588

I think I will talk about other things than facts! My own thoughts and my own story!

However My idea is to keep the video as simple and short as possible! 2min - no longer I hope.

Thank you for the input Nathan.

I wanna make a short video about aphantasia in danish! 3 years 8 months ago #1623

• Nathan Buzby
  • Senior Aphantasiac
Anytime Victor! I can't wait to see it, even if I don't know Danish, which is something I have thought of learning, I can trace my paternal lineage back to Wales and then further back to Denmark as a result of the Danelaw, fascinating stuff...I just suck at languages =(
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds