Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Asperger's

Asperger's 7 months 1 week ago #39712

• FuzzyPickle
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 1
I have Asperger's and I feel like I am "meant" to be a visual person but someone unplugged my monitor! Some autistic people actually think in pictures and I think I'm probably supposed to be one of them. When I write notes in class, I don't want to write, I want to sketch it out but I can't really draw b/c I can't see it in my mind. I love math but I stink at it. I kind of feel like... hmm I don't know.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Asperger's 6 months 2 weeks ago #39788

• Dxrkhunter
  • New Aphantasiac
I also have Aspergers (along with dyspraxia and ADHD) so have also always felt like there's more to my brain than I have access to.
It's often made me feel like I'm not very clever but I'm doing well at Uni still. Don't doubt yourself.

Asperger's 6 months 2 weeks ago #39802

• Debra
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 1
I haven't been diagnosed with Asperger's but the more I learn about it the more I self-identify as being somewhere slightly along this continuum. And maybe to deal with it I have turned off, in my youth, any sensory input I could control. I am 100% lacking in ability to visualize and almost the same with all imagining of the senses. My one exception is that I can sometimes smell sulfur if I see someone light a cigarette on TV. And it shocks me when this happens as it seems very real.

I feel that if I had all this "normal" fantasy sensory input it would be extreme overload. I have trouble dealing with the level of input from ordinary city life and try to withdraw as much as I can.
want and need to know MORE...
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds