Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Share your story of discovery

TOPIC: Hello, my name is Lee.

Hello, my name is Lee. 9 months 1 week ago #4815

• Mabexlee324
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 3
Well, to start off, I am new. My name is Lee, and I have discovered that I have aphantasia a few years ago and have finally joined a site to connect with others and maybe we can all find a way out of this blockage, if it is one. I hear sounds, sometimes a song will randomly start playing the chorus in my mind but I get no visuals of anything and I haven't since I was a little kid and I have not had dreams since I was in elementary school although there have been times that I felt like I had a dream but I still didn't see anything. This self discovery really only started when I first experimented with psychedelics and they are what made me realize that I should be able to visualize things, well because I actually did have images pop up while I was in a meditative state under the influence of these majestic mushrooms. I used to draw when I was little and I was able to create things on paper, but couldn't in my mind. I kind of just went with the flow as a child. I believe I've only had two dreams that I can actually remember that were vivid but like I said those were in elementary school. The way I came across this site is due to me googling if anyone can astral project or have a lucid dream even if they have aphantasia, which if in a psychedelic trans I can vividly see objects then I must be able to practice by using techniques for astral projection/lucid dreaming. I just want to get out of the grind that we all face each and everyday of waking up not having dreams/seeing dreams and just working to survive. As a human we have the birth right to dream and its a shame that some of us have been stripped from that right. I am very interested in the human consciousness and philosophy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hello, my name is Lee. 7 months 3 weeks ago #4971

• ProuncingDaisy
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 2
Lee, I too learned about my Aphantasia because of the way that I dream. I don't really dream in visuals but more so as in just concepts. Like reading a book but it's while I'm asleep. It's really hard to describe but I completely understand how you feel when you say that it feel wrong that we can't escape reality like everyone else does, in majestical stories with colors and crazy just sights. I feel deprived and it gives me an intense sadness to not be able to experience dreams like everyone else does. Just know you're not alone.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blackstage
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds