Username: Password: Remember me
Share your story of discovery

TOPIC: My story i guess, 19, glad im not alone

My story i guess, 19, glad im not alone 6 months 2 weeks ago #39976

• Katyb98
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 4
Hey all,
I've always known since i was extremely little that i couldn't picture things like all the other kids (i had a very emotional afternoon with a teacher because i couldnt explain to her why 'picturing things' wasnt working) and up until now i've always assumed it was just me and i was just weird i guess. To know this has a name and is an actual thing is such a relief especially because i have the total one where i cant picture anything at all.

Discovering it has been a laugh though, whilst talking with my best friend about my new discovery we found out she has hyperphantasia (The opposite of me which is an overactive imagination i guess) so we've been questioning eachother non-stop about how we see things and imagine things and its so amazing and interesting!

I really hope i fit into this group and i can find out more about what i have through this :D i've already discovered alot and im extremely excited to find out more! It wierds me out that people can actually visualise a beach with sounds and smells! i mean wtf??! :D

thankyou everyone for not leaving me as the only one!!! its much appreciated!! :D
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ussfa344, cdnrose55, GhostsOfSteel, kate_63
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds