Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Share your story of discovery

TOPIC: Dreams.

Dreams. 1 year 5 months ago #39734

• bendudley
  • New Aphantasiac
I never knew this had a name. I have never been able to create images or any sense in my mind. I thought that was normal till about 16 when in school talking to people about picturing things. I was wondering, I can't create images within my mind even when asleep, is this common? Do others with this dream, or have nightmares? I have suffered from night terrors since I was young. But, they don't come with images or anything, just a pure feeling of dread.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dreams. 1 year 5 months ago #39735

• LIVAJG
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 1
I am the same as yourself, never remember ever dreaming but have suffered from night terrors since a youngster. Just wake up in a real fright, often shouting but have no memory of what has caused it.

Dreams. 1 year 5 months ago #39736

• james_17
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 4
There does not seem to be a clear standard dream deficit in Aphantasia, there is quite a spectrum. I can remember dreams for about 10 seconds when I first awake, but then it is gone and all I have is the memory of remembering, I sometimes am able to lay still and continue a dream while semi awake, but still cannot remember details but only what I sub vocally tell myself about the dream.
As I child, I could remember dreams and can still remember some of them, I had nightmares but remember none of those as you say just a feeling of dread and a fear of going back to sleep. I have learned over the years to wake myself up if a I start to feel that dread. Cannot tell you how because I cannot remember. Only the relief on first awaking that I left that situation.
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds