Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Share your story of discovery

TOPIC: Didn't know this had a name before today

Didn't know this had a name before today 1 year 8 months ago #39517

• TaraZina
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 5
I found out my brain was a bit different a few years ago. My husband was telling me about this man he saw and how he looked just like he had pictured a character in a book he had been reading. And I couldn't understand what he meant. I love reading too, but I've never thought about how the characters look like other than how they are described by the author.

So I started asking him questions about it and found out he could actually make pictures in his head. In hindsight it makes me feel a bit silly, but I had never thought about other people being able to do this. And I started asking other people about it and found out that everyone else seemed to be able to do this too.

Earlier today a Facebook friend posted an article about aphantasia and it made a lot of sense to me, so that's why I'm here.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hollydolly, Jojo W, 303crown, tunie, glenaim

Didn't know this had a name before today 1 year 6 months ago #39603

Have you started asking other people about it? Have you found out that everyone else seemed to be able to do this too? http://livecustomwriting.com/ has more discussions about that!
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by JoannaAquino.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds