Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: People smiling are beautiful!

People smiling are beautiful! 1 year 1 month ago #4146

• elefantasia
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi everyone!

I have been thinking a lot about how everything works in my mind, and how the "lack" of visual images in my mind can make me do things differently from someone that can visualize.

When I meet someone, or even when I see someone either for a few minutes, or a few times during the day, I have some memory of them, but it is intimately linked to their actions, and their actions determine entirely how I would after describe them in a "range of beauty". Because I can't imagine them in my mind, they cannot be compared to anyone/anything else. So in my mind, the ranges are more like "oh, he was very nice and kind" = higher beauty "grade", "she was angry" = low beauty grade.

To come to smiling, it is the first thing I see in person doing it, and it therefore boost them up entirely in my "beauty estime". An example: I meet a girl that is smiling and seems very happy, but I don't make the effort to judge her physicality. A few minutes/hours/days after, a friend asks me if she is attractive, my response is probably going to be yes, despite the fact that if I could see her picture I could tell you that I am not attracted at all because she is not my type or other X reasons.

So, to sum it up, to me, someone smiling immediately "feels" attractive, despite my not having "judged" (I don't mean it badly, more like "observed") their physicality.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

People smiling are beautiful! 1 year 1 month ago #4177

• sian*
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 12
Yes, I agree! I can also remember the way people act/smile, but I can't see it - I've been calling this 'vibe' but I'm not sure that's the right word. I can tell usually whether someone is conventionally beautiful, but it won't really have an impact on me unless they have a nice expression, and then it's the expression I remember. I was wondering if this is a bit related to imagining our own expressions? We know what smiling would feel like physically and emotionally, and we sort of mirror it out. Wild speculation of course.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds