Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: shapes as a movement

shapes as a movement 5 months 3 weeks ago #39562

• motorbit
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 2
shapes i do imagine as movement. like, if i imagine a circle, i imagine a cricle shaped movement.
does that make sense for anyone? im curious how other people without visual imagination imagine things.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hollydolly

shapes as a movement 5 months 3 weeks ago #39566

• Hollydolly
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 4
I just imagine shapes as a concept, sometimes as a list of descriptors as well. Since I know a triangle is 3 sides, 3 points, it is just a set concept in my mind. But for a hexagon, I might think "bee hive, most efficient shape for filling a space." I do use movement to imagine other things. If I need to remember how to spell a word, I imagine writing it, often using my hand to write it in the air. I also use movement when thinking of a cat's tail, for instance. The twitching and curling motions. Thanks for giving me something new to think about today!

shapes as a movement 5 months 3 weeks ago #39573

• Kami_Sama
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 1
I feel invisible pictures. So I can feel the outline of something I'm trying to imagine. Visually there is nothing and it doesn't work with remembering faces or people or sounds.

shapes as a movement 3 months 2 days ago #39844

Yes I know exactly what you mean! I always say I have an “abstract” idea of what a shape looks like. But instead of just picturing it like most people, I sort of “feel” myself drawing it in my mind’s eye. Really interesting. People who can visualize have a hard time understanding that.

shapes as a movement 2 months 3 weeks ago #39879

• moyer
  • Junior Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 30
I too seem to feel the motion of creating a shape in my head. I have started to wonder if it is similar to building a 3d simulation environment, but never skinning the models with an image. if that makes sense. Studies show that visualizers seem to create a 3d image during spatial awareness (rotational) tests based on the neural centers that are firing. Additionally, they receive a visual perception. I would love to scan my brain during similar tests and identify which neurons are firing or not.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds