Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Aphantasia forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Remembering faces and names

Remembering faces and names 1 year 1 month ago #40051

• rong
  • New Aphantasiac
Hello folks. Finally, a title/condition I can refer to when my 'right-brain' friends are bewildered by my inability to picture anything in my mind. This has not been a handicap as far as I can tell but rather just a conversation piece that I've overused. Somehow I've survived professionally and socially just fine for 70+ years.

My question for the group is: Do Aphantasia people have a really hard time remembering names and even faces? Have you developed a method to correct this issue? It sure would be nice to improve in this area.

Ron
Ron G
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Remembering faces and names 1 year 1 month ago #40053

• ussfa344
  • Junior Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 43
rong wrote:
Hello folks. Finally, a title/condition I can refer to when my 'right-brain' friends are bewildered by my inability to picture anything in my mind. This has not been a handicap as far as I can tell but rather just a conversation piece that I've overused. Somehow I've survived professionally and socially just fine for 70+ years.

My question for the group is: Do Aphantasia people have a really hard time remembering names and even faces? Have you developed a method to correct this issue? It sure would be nice to improve in this area.

Ron

Ron,

There are a few people in this group with prosopagnosia (the inability to recognize even familiar faces).. I also belong to a forum of people with prosopagnosia. I queried them once and every one that responded said they had aphantasia, in addition to their prosopagnosia. From that I felt that aphantasia is one symptom of prosopagnosia. But there are a great many people with aphantasia (probably most with aphantasia) that do not have prosopagnosia.
The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds