Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Aphantasia forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Hello Jules

Hello Jules 8 months 1 week ago #39820

• jules
  • New Aphantasiac
Hello,

Jules here, French, 24, I am aphantasic since allways, I guess. Completely blind on my third eye. I discovered that thanks to this famous Blake Ross's article : www.facebook.com/notes/blake-ross/aphant...d/10156834777480504/. It feels so weird and I now feel so different than the rest of the world. 99% of the world have this superpower, really?? I now understand why I prefer technical books rather that novels.

I don't know if my brainskills have been rebalanced, but I am doing very well with face recognition. I did 100% on this test : www.bbk.ac.uk/psychology/psychologyexper...morytest/startup.php . It's weird, but I don't have any facial image in my head. If I see a very old friend in the street or a celebrity, I'll just know
I also have a very good sense of direction : I can go back to any place I ever been, even if it was 1 only time.

Im not a very creative people, during my studies (bachelor+master of sciences) I didn't felt different nor superior than the others. One of my dream is to learn to draw and to create bunch of things on paper (given that I can't in my mind), we will see if it's possible ! One of my friend says because I am a very logical person, I should be good with highly technical and logical drawings.

Hope it helps,
Kindest Regards,
Jules

ps: Sorry, my english is not perfect
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds