Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Aphantasia forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Wow! I’m adjusting to this news!

Wow! I’m adjusting to this news! 7 months 4 weeks ago #39560

• suz_41
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi
I stumbled across an article about aphantasia and discovered this is me! Im blown away. I am so shocked that most people around me can visualise thigns in their mind, I had no idea. It’s been a bit weird and I kept trying hard to ”see” something when I read or think about people or memories. I get nothing. I can think about an object, and “know”it’s colour or other things but I certainly can’t see it or visualise a scene or persons face.
I am an avid reader and am a short story writer. I must admit I fell like I have to kind of recalibrate myself. I wonder how I can actually write?
So anyway...I’m absorbing this and thinking a lot. I thought everyone I asked would say...”no, I can’t do that either” but in fact they all look at me with surprise and say “yes, sure I think in pictures, see what I’m reading etc”.
Wow!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hollydolly, Jojo W, AE, magpie

Wow! I’m adjusting to this news! 7 months 3 weeks ago #39567

• Hollydolly
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 4
I felt the same way at first! I was and still am fascinated. It felt strange to have to figure out and explain how I think. I now think that it gave me a love of words and learning. I know some people are distressed to find they have this and would like to change, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Wow! I’m adjusting to this news! 6 months 2 days ago #39773

• Kim
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 1
Like you, I am blown away. I'm not over the shock yet :O ! I'm still thinking, that those who say they can see pictures in their mind, are winding me up :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jojo W
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds