Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Aphantasia forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Thought I'd sign up and say Hello

Thought I'd sign up and say Hello 3 months 4 weeks ago #39238

I'm not 100% sure what to expect from this community, but it can't hurt to say hello.

I'm 23 year old PhD student and Aphantasic. I discovered it probably a two years ago when i read Adam Zeman's case study on MX and realised the condition discussed as every day phenomenology for me.

Ironically enough, I am Aphantasic - and a Visual Neuroscientist, though I study vision in insects. I certainly have my own pet theories as to the neuronal underpinnings of all this, but it's just speculation - I've just started my PhD this year, following Honours where I studied Visual Attention in insects and my undergrad with a double major in Psychology and Neuroscience.

I can tell you, a lot of education troubles I had in high-school and even undergrad make sense to me now. No wonder tutors kept telling me to 'picture' things, and got frustrated when I claimed I literally had no idea what they were talking about.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thought I'd sign up and say Hello 3 months 3 weeks ago #39245

• jaolemes
  • New Aphantasiac
Hello Neuro Man
I may have a question to you, and to see if you have any insight on this.

Do you have any idea if we dream like normal people?

I think I do, cause the memories I have from the dreams are the same as I have from normal life. Descriptions.
And considering that descriptions are always lacking in detail compared to the full sensory experience the descriptions are more or less the same as those of my real memories.

That's it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds