Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Aphantasia forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Aphantasia: My Experience

Aphantasia: My Experience 6 months 5 days ago #39234

• Bfranks
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Hakuna Matata!
Hello fellow Aphants! Or whatever we call ourselves, browsed through some topics and you all seem very welcoming. I come from the lovely state of NJ to share my experience with Aphantasia. My earliest memory with this inability to visualize was back in 1st grade, around the year 1998. The music teacher told us to close our eyes and picture a flying pig. The "oohs and ahhs" of the rest of my classmates told me something was clearly wrong with them - or so I thought. Turns out I was the one with the problem! I didn't find out about Aphantasia until a few months back when I read the article written by the founder of Firefox (or something like that, my memory escapes me). What a relief to not be alone! All those years of wondering what people meant when they said to count sheep to help you sleep, there were people out there all along who understood what I was and still am fighting through on a daily basis. I strongly believe that with the proper treatment, one day we will all be able to strengthen our mind's eye. Here's to hoping that day comes in our lifetimes B)
Last Edit: 6 months 5 days ago by Bfranks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds