Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Something funny related to your aphantasia share your stories

TOPIC: I hadn't noticed

I hadn't noticed 2 years 2 weeks ago #1345

• ussfa344
  • Junior Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 39
In a past life I had been a representative helping the public with a few government benefit programs. After I left that position a family friend asked for some assistance so I advised her to go to my old office and ask for my friend and former colleague Don as he was the best qualified person there. I had moved over a thousand miles away, so I would not be able to provide the type of assistance she needed.

My lady friend then asked me to describe Don so she could identify him when she got there. I tried my best. Don and I worked side by side for three years and it was I that trained him when he was first hired. Don was about my size, about ten years my senior, spoke slowly and deliberately, and I told her anything else I could remember Don. Now Don was more than just a coworker. He, his family and I would see each other socially, outside the work environment. As I was single, Don and his lovely bride would invite me over for some good home cooking from time to time, and I would reciprocate by taking them out to dinner on occasion.

A few days after I sent my lady friend to see Don, she called me to say that it would have been easier for her to pick Don out among the representatives there had I simply told her he was the only black man in the office. Picky, picky, picky!

I never noticed -- and certainly couldn't visualize him -- so how was I to know such an unimportant detail as the color of his skin? I always kind of figured that he must have had skin, but its color certainly wasn't important.
The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas, DizzyP

I hadn't noticed 1 year 11 months ago #1845

• DizzyP
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 8
Aphantasia gone wrong. LOL.

I hadn't noticed 1 year 7 months ago #2568

• Talanic
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 3
Wrong?
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds