Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Want to ask a question or start a poll, do it here.

TOPIC: Do you have vision problems in one eye

Do you have vision problems in one eye 9 months 3 weeks ago #4925

• RyMack
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 4
Read something today about someone with Aphantasia having vision issues in one eye only. I have the same issue, while I am guessing it is just a coincidence, maybe there is more to it?

Anyone else have this problem?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sandycam

Do you have vision problems in one eye 9 months 3 weeks ago #4926

• ussfa344
  • Junior Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 39
RyMack wrote:
Read something today about someone with Aphantasia having vision issues in one eye only. I have the same issue, while I am guessing it is just a coincidence, maybe there is more to it?

Anyone else have this problem?

Sort of....

I have diplopia (double vision) , but it is due to muscle problems in the left eye. I also have homonymous hemianopia (loss of the left have of the visual field in both eyes) as the result of a couple of gun shot wounds to the occipital lobe of the brain.
The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
Last Edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by ussfa344.

Do you have vision problems in one eye 8 months 2 weeks ago #5062

Oh wow! I can't remember the exact problem but its something about a severe lack of nerves in one eye, which makes me way more likely to have glaucoma later in life and the same eyeball is more of an oval shape.

Do you have vision problems in one eye 8 months 2 weeks ago #5063

• presbyopic
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 2
I am a non-visual person, have had great vision in both eyes but now have presbyopia due to age. My sister, on the other hand, has been myopic all her life and she is a vivid mental visual person.

Do you have vision problems in one eye 8 months 2 weeks ago #5070

• Velvet
  • Junior Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 33
I wear glasses and both my eyes are about the same level of awful, one is slightly worse then the other but that's very common I think. At least my mum and partner who also need glasses both also have one eye worse than the other.

I did have optic neuritis in one eye at one point, and also double vision for a while caused by the same eye, however those were both due to my multiple sclerosis and have since fully recovered.
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else
means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. - E.E. Cummings

Do you have vision problems in one eye 8 months 1 week ago #5081

• moyer
  • Junior Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 30
i was near sighted when i was younger, and they were roughly the same. I had LASIC eye surgery about 9 years ago, and have had pretty much perfect vision in both ever since.

Do you have vision problems in one eye 6 months 4 weeks ago #5243

• wflynn
  • New Aphantasiac
I am much more longsighted in my left eye than the right. This has lead to largly suppressing the image from the left eye where it overlaps with the right eye's. However I don't think it relates to aphantasia, as my sister also has aphantasia and not vision problems.

Do you have vision problems in one eye 6 months 2 weeks ago #5251

• Sandycam
  • New Aphantasiac
Hi, I am interested to read this thread, having recently realised I have no visual imagination since studying Guided Affective Imagery for use in Psychotherapy. I had wondered if there was a link with vision problems in one eye, which I do have. I am in my 50's now and have had very poor sight in my right eye all my life, apparently my mother had rubella during pregnancy which can cause eye conditions amongst other things. I wonder about a possible link with left brain (or right brain) deficit. If there's sufficient interest and energy around this subject it may be worthy of a research study.

Do you have vision problems in one eye 6 months 4 days ago #37121

• Blackstage
  • Junior Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 9
Have less vision and astigmatism (need prism in lens) in right eye. Saw almost exclusively through left eye until a good opthomologist (sp?) figured that out. Cannot focus both eyes at same time. Made a huge difference wirh the prism.
Last Edit: 6 months 4 days ago by Blackstage.

Do you have vision problems in one eye 5 months 5 days ago #39275

I am blind in my right eye. Interestingly, it was due to an accident when I was 11. Before that accident though I remember my sister trying desparately trying to teach my how to count sheep to help fall asleep. I, at the time, could not figure out what she was talking about. I also recall prior to losing my sight my teacher asking me to draw a scene from the book and trying to explain what she meant by visualizing (seeing a movie or picture in your head). I didn't think at that time she actually meant that, but rather that referring to the ability to use the words on the page and translate it into a drawing. But even with that, still blind in one eye so who knows??

Do you have vision problems in one eye 5 months 5 days ago #39277

• presbyopic
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 2
I have had 20/20 vision up until my mid-40s. So, no, I haven't had any visual eye problems
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds