Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Want to ask a question or start a poll, do it here.

TOPIC: Cognitive Ability test

Cognitive Ability test 2 weeks 2 days ago #39466

• Aristeve
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi
I have recently done badly in a cognitive ability test required for a job application

Does anyone have similar experience and or know of any research that indicates having Aphantasia could influence the results of these tests

The firm running the test were asked if aphantasia could effect the result and they said no it wouldn't

Not sure how they would know????

I'm also very good at problem solving in my own time so think there is clearly a problem with the test

Problem is I will probably not get the job unless I can prove them wrong
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cognitive Ability test 2 weeks 9 hours ago #39470

• Jojo W
  • New Aphantasiac
Don't know about proving them wrong getting the job. I took a job test once and didn't get a high enough score, upon talking to the people involved with making the test was told "yes, your answers that were marked wrong were correct, just not the answers we wanted. Wish you well.

Cognitive Ability test 1 day 5 hours ago #39510

• gage117
  • New Aphantasiac
I don't think it's impacted my reasoning and problem solving skills, so I don't think it would impact a cognitive test. I don't have total aphantasia, I can still picture a single object for a few seconds or a still image of an environment for maybe a second before losing it, but I recently had an extensive cognitive test done for ADHD testing, which I did very well in; as well as immediate short term memory, and pattern recognition. Any memory past short term was terrible, and being shown a picture and having to recollect anything about it, even short term, was awful.
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds