Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Aphantasia and my art

Aphantasia and my art 1 year 4 months ago #2932

• Rhino
  • New Aphantasiac
i have done art for years before realizing i had aphantasia, and that others who do art get a neat short cut by seeing what the want to create bfore they do it,, i build as i go,, like "ok a man in a store,, what angle do i want, and i rought out the shape of the room, whats in the room.. shelves? of what then i start going to work on them, its like a list ,, at no point do i see the whole scene i want to create..i cant imagine how far this puts me behind my peers.

here is a webcomic i used to write, the site is down now, but it was under coffee outlaws
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aphantasia and my art 1 year 4 months ago #2933

• Rhino
  • New Aphantasiac
heres a cat named muffins,, he's been transformed into a human, but still has the personality and intelligence of a cat
Attachments:

Aphantasia and my art 1 year 4 months ago #2942

• Ethel B
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 12
Love the comic! Great use of frames and color. :) Y'know, I am not sure of this, but it is worth considering, I think. Maybe your lack of a mental image allows you to be freer in your art than your peers. Like, maybe, they imagine an image and don't have as much freedom to change, edit, improvise as you do. Just a thought.
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds