Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I drew this using GIMP (like Photoshop, only free)

I drew this using GIMP (like Photoshop, only free) 1 year 6 months ago #2914

• Ethel B
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 12
I love to draw. I use photos or live models for poses and human forms usually. If I don't it can take forever to get proportions right, but mostly I just draw from what is in my head... and what's in my head is not an image. I can't explain how it works, but it something like having a conceptual map instead of a visual map. I asked an professional artist friend about this and, although he can visualize, he says he sometimes does and sometimes doesn't. That makes me think creating art and creating a mental image are not strictly tied together.

In this one, I looked at a Rembrandt sketch to get the pose correct, and I think I had a picture of a mouse for reference, but I can't recall for sure. The dress and the trees and the path - everything else, I drew just from my imagination.
solangesimondsen.deviantart.com/art/Akik...gic-leaf-1-517092375

In this one, I referenced a picture of a skull, but it wasn't a melting ice skull. The chain was drawn from scratch.
solangesimondsen.deviantart.com/art/Ice-Skull-511606877

And this fantasy landscape was completely from scratch with nothing to reference.
solangesimondsen.deviantart.com/art/Sulfer-Pools-605526131
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I drew this using GIMP (like Photoshop, only free) 1 year 6 months ago #3008

• Velvet
  • Junior Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 33
Those are some very nice drawings, thank you for sharing. :)
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else
means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. - E.E. Cummings

I drew this using GIMP (like Photoshop, only free) 1 year 6 months ago #3013

• Ethel B
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 12
Thanks, Velvet! I'm just a hobbyist artist, but I enjoy it. I was mainly trying to show that just because you can see images in your mind, doesn't me you can't remember what things look like or use your imagination to make up something. :)
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds