Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Eccentricities relevant to aphantasia in non-visual creations ("colorful" descriptions, music, etc)

Eccentricities relevant to aphantasia in non-visual creations ("colorful" descriptions, music, etc) 1 year 4 months ago #39856

• DrPepperFiend
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 4
I work in IT. Often, the problem isn't designing a solution, but designing the most correct one. There are seventy ways to do it, three that seem plausible and attainable, and of those there are tradeoffs.

I seem to have an unusual facility for immediately realizing knock-on effects of changes to a system. A proposed change would have many intentional effects, and several sort of casualties, broken connections we have to prop back up with some new process, method, data structure, or whatever. I tend to notice these immediately, and this seems to be registered as strange in the same way I registered descriptions of visual imagination strange. I think it's because they visualize networks, and those visualizations are reductive and "harmful" in this small way.

How has the inability to visualize led you to create differently, outside of visual art?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds