Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A writer with Aphantasia—weird or what?

A writer with Aphantasia—weird or what? 1 year 3 months ago #3670

• Thomas
  • Administrator
  • Non Visualiser
  • Thank you received: 89
{cmp_start idkey=258[url=http%3A%2F%2Faphant.asia%2Farticles%2Four-articles%2F17-a-writer-with-aphantasia-weird-or-what][title=A+writer+with+Aphantasia%E2%80%94weird+or+what%3F][desc=]}...

A writer with Aphantasia—weird or what?
If you need anything just Send me a Private Message

Please don't be afraid, Make a Suggestion to Improve Our Community
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tilma

A writer with Aphantasia—weird or what? 1 year 3 months ago #3895

• dIGITSpARADE
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 1
well, I'm a visual artist.... so... it could be weirder. LOL

A writer with Aphantasia—weird or what? 1 year 2 months ago #3936

• 16allycat16
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 2
I write a web crime series and fanfiction. The thing is that my fanfiction have books and movies so I can easily mash, describe a scene, a person, etc because they already have. With the crime one I talk to fighters for fight scenes, cops for how they would do a situation, forensic analysts for how they would, old Austlii case files, lawyers, psychologists, etc, and last year I got permission to talk to prisoners of different crimes. Makes it slightly easier to do the describing things.

BUT (I have to ask), do any of you seem cold when you write something? Not in something creative and artistic, I mean for business things. exams or something along those lines. I got called in by one of my tutors who told me some of my writing didn't have enough 'me' in there. Simple questions really "What would you do in these situations?" I couldn't think of a situation because I had never been in one. I couldn't weigh up the options because I didn't have them in front of me and I couldn't think of anything to do BUT the steps that were taught. I get it, I mean... basically saying the same thing as the textbook doesn't mean you actually know something but it doesn't mean something good won't happen if I ever am in that situation.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds