Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Drug use affecting/failing to affect aphantasia

Drug use affecting/failing to affect aphantasia 2 months 2 weeks ago #39430

One of the questions my friends always ask me is how psychedelics affect my ability to visualize things/if I hallucinate, but I've never done any and don't have an answer for them. People have mentioned how drugs have affected/failed to affect their aphantasia in a couple posts, but I think a thread dedicated to people's experiences while using psychedelics, MDMA, THC, or other controlled substances could be interesting.

(Note: I don't want to encourage illegal behavior or get anyone in trouble, but we're all here to learn so I vote we take a "in the name of science" perspective for the conversation.)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Drug use affecting/failing to affect aphantasia 2 months 2 weeks ago #39445

• Bachy
  • New Aphantasiac
I took LSD a few times when I was young. Did not hallucinate a thing. But giggled my **** off for several hours. Smoked a fair bit of cannabis, was relaxing but once again nothing more than that. Haven't touched anything else. Hope that helps.

Drug use affecting/failing to affect aphantasia 2 months 1 week ago #39468

• textura
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi,

I am a regular user of marijuana and I have noticed that I do visualize often when I am using, but for the most part the visualizations are not under my control. It is more like dreaming here random images just surface.

Drug use affecting/failing to affect aphantasia 2 months 1 week ago #39475

• moyer
  • Junior Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 30
There is an open thread on this topic: aphant.asia/forum/sensitive-or-adult-top...they-working-for-you

No visual effects on Pot. Closed and open eye visuals on psilocybin, open eye visuals on LSD, extremely vivid closed eye visuals on MDMA....my experience.

Drug use affecting/failing to affect aphantasia 2 months 1 week ago #39479

• Jojo W
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 1
Had forced visualization after surgery due to drug interactions. I told the nurses wonderful stories of my adventures on land, sea, and outer space. Wish someone had recorded them.
Out of sight, out of mind.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds