Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Seeing spots of color?

Seeing spots of color? 6 months 3 weeks ago #5255

Sometimes when I close my eyes at night and hear the sounds of the city, I can see some spots of color. Lots of blues. Another time when I accidentally hurt myself, I saw two spots of red behind closed eyes. That's the extent of ever "seeing" things. I have also considered that these colors I've seen might be a result of me simply shutting my eyes too tightly, so that the extra strain might be causing the spots of color haha.

Also fun story, after I found out that I have aphantasia, I thought back to all the times in my childhood/tweenhood when I had some very vivid dreams. One night a few weeks ago, I had a vivid dream where I was able to retain some awareness (that it was a dream). I focused on looking at my surroundings, and looked really closely at the sweater of the person (can't recall a face though haha) standing next to me. That's when I realized that this is what people do all the time-- visualize things in their head and see things that can look real. We just can't consciously do it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by robotunicorn. Reason: blah
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Seeing spots of color? 5 months 2 weeks ago #39265

• moyer
  • Junior Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 30
I have had the same experience. I have had a very few occasions where a sound directly impacted the color spots.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds