Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Research Study on mental imagery and aphantasia seeking participants

Research Study on mental imagery and aphantasia seeking participants 5 months 3 weeks ago #5159

• PerceptionLab
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 3
Greetings from the researchers at the Perception Lab of Dr. Brian Stone at Boise State University. We are conducting a research study about individual differences in mental imagery and behaviors/experiences that may be related to mental imagery or lack thereof (aphantasia). We are posting to ask if you would like to take about 30-45 minutes to complete a survey for this research project. Participation is completely voluntary and your answers will be anonymous.

If you are interested, please click on the link to take this survey on a secure platform:
boisestate.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6Q0D8yWafcDXc69

Thank you for your time.

(Note: we are posting this on Facebook, Reddit, and another site, so if you see it in multiple places, please only participate one time)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dimen_51, Sandycam

Research Study on mental imagery and aphantasia seeking participants 5 months 2 weeks ago #5181

• moyer
  • Junior Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 30
survey complete

Research Study on mental imagery and aphantasia seeking participants 5 months 2 weeks ago #5199

• BlindInMyMind
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 7
I said "yes" to questions related to daydreaming but I am unsure if you understand that people with aphantasia daydream without images. I basically talk to myself.

Research Study on mental imagery and aphantasia seeking participants 5 months 2 weeks ago #5200

• moyer
  • Junior Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 30
I understood the daydreaming questions to be taken in context of "visual daydreaming." We don't really do that, but like BlindInMyMind said, we do something similar. The questions could be modified to specify visual or other type of daydreaming.

Research Study on mental imagery and aphantasia seeking participants 5 months 1 week ago #5205

• empoleous
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 1
Just completed the survey, I hope I provided useful information. Any ideas when the survey will be finished and and findings published? Also would they also be posted to this forum? Thanks :)

Research Study on mental imagery and aphantasia seeking participants 5 months 1 week ago #5206

• PerceptionLab
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello empoleous,

Academic research moves a little slow sometimes: once data is collected, it will need to be (1) analyzed, then (2) written up as a journal article, then (3) sent out for peer review. Peer review can take many months (shorter if lucky, but I've seen as long as 6 months), and sometimes requires multiple rounds (i.e. if reviewers ask for follow-up data as opposed to just minor changes in analysis/writing). After acceptance, it can take a little while for the article to show up online (though journals are much better these days about getting it out quite fast).

So there will definitely be some delay before the results are published and available. BUT for the record, our lab is dedicated to open access science and will be aiming to publish in a journal that provides free access to the research for the public (as opposed to paywall journals that require expensive subscriptions or $30+ to read a single article). So we will come back and share the results as soon as they are available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dimen_51

Research Study on mental imagery and aphantasia seeking participants 4 months 2 weeks ago #5252

• Sandycam
  • New Aphantasiac
Survey completed and looking forward to hearing more about this in the future.

Research Study on mental imagery and aphantasia seeking participants 4 months 5 days ago #39224

• firemonkey
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 7
Survey completed.The part about imagining feelings was a little tricky. For example I know when I'm hungry but as for imagining the feeling of hunger.....

Research Study on mental imagery and aphantasia seeking participants 3 months 1 week ago #39272

I was thinking the same thing. I had trouble differentiating between daydreaming and internal conversation. I may have answered those questions incorrectly, as I assumed the conversational aspect counted since it caused a lack of attention to whatever it is you were not paying
attention to due to daydreaming.

Research Study on mental imagery and aphantasia seeking participants 3 months 6 days ago #39278

• Davep
  • New Aphantasiac
Survey completed

Research Study on mental imagery and aphantasia seeking participants 1 month 1 week ago #39393

• marcus_100
  • New Aphantasiac
I'm glad I found this. I picture nothing in my head, it's been that way since childhood. I don't even think I had an imaginary friend.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds