Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Meditation .... could really use some advice

Meditation .... could really use some advice 6 months 1 day ago #5114

Hi ,
Has anyone advice / tips / trics on how to seriously meditate with aphantasia ?
I've started a new study ( lightworker) where meditation is really important.
The beginning of the course I could handle with a few trics I learned on the way , but it's getting more challenging along the way and I could really use some feedback with others.
I really want to finish this Study and get my degree but not seeing ,hearing and no memory is a really big challenge.
Anyone some good advice ?

I
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Meditation .... could really use some advice 6 months 15 minutes ago #5115

• @Vishal2000
  • New Aphantasiac
I am a teenager too... I believe that instead of loosing hope and living with it, we should try to get back our senses. I recently realized that I might have aphantasia..... While you close your eyes to meditate, speak the name of the god whom you believe ,slowly in your mind at regular intervals.

Meditation .... could really use some advice 5 months 3 weeks ago #5127

• presbyopic
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 2
I find it doesn't really matter not being able to see images during meditation. I have meditated and even though I can't see the images. I am able to build on the descriptions given during guided meditation which helps me with the process. I have also been lucky enough to experience hypnosis, again, I didn't see any visual images during hypnosis. However, I did have one episode after the hypnosis where I was seeing sepia coloured images in my mind for several minutes. That was freaky because it was something I hadn't experienced before while awake.

Meditation .... could really use some advice 1 month 3 weeks ago #39365

• ron
  • New Aphantasiac
ik probeerde een meditatie en kon een gedeelte voorstellen: lopend in een gang met foto's aan de muur (geen plaatjes in m'n voorstelling) dan een lange trap op naar het witte licht. Nou, dat witte licht was gewoon zwart. Kon geen licht zien, maar ik begon te lachen dat ik geen wit licht kon zien en dat stopte de meditatie.

ik blijf proberen - want repetitie maakt het misschien toch mogelijk en de rest van de meditatie is best interessant.

Laat me aub weten hoe het gaat met jouw meditatie.

ron

Meditation .... could really use some advice 1 month 3 weeks ago #39366

• @Vishal2000
  • New Aphantasiac
Sorry ron.... But i dont understand the language in which you have posted. :(

Meditation .... could really use some advice 1 month 3 weeks ago #39367

• ron
  • New Aphantasiac
I tried to meditate and could follow the directions : walking in a hallway with pictures on the walls (no images in my mind though ) and then a stairway which led to a white light. Well that white light was just black. I could not see any light in my mind, but i started laughing because i had my eyes closed and maybe that's why i couldn't see any light but that stopped the meditation.
I keep trying though - because through repetition the brain might find a solution as it does with any problem, and the sounds in the meditation lead me to other thoughts.

wish you luck and please let me know how you go with your meditations
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by ron. Reason: adding info

Meditation .... could really use some advice 1 month 3 weeks ago #39368

A Tibetan buddhist once told me that meditation is about feeling empathy and compassion for everything around you. I can't focus on visuals but I can focus on feelings.Now whenever I meditate I just try to focus on my feelings and sort through all the knots, in order to feel more empathy for myself and then more empathy for others. I don't think what I do is exactly along the lines of Buddhism, but it's been working pretty well for me.

Meditation .... could really use some advice 1 month 3 weeks ago #39370

• ussfa344
  • Junior Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 39
@Vishal2000 wrote:
Sorry ron.... But i dont understand the language in which you have posted. :(

Google Translate says it Dutch, and translates as follows:

I tried a meditation and could imagine a part: walking in a hallway with pictures on the wall (no pictures in my show) than a long staircase to the white light. Well, that white light was just black. Could not see light, but I started laughing that I could not see white light and that stopped meditation.

I keep trying - because rehearsal may make it possible and the rest of the meditation is best interesting.

Please let me know how your meditation works.

I can't say if the translation is right or not because I don't understand a word of Dutch, but it makes sense..
The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Meditation .... could really use some advice 1 month 3 weeks ago #39371

• @Vishal2000
  • New Aphantasiac
Hmmm... Thats okay ron!! Reading these posts, i am finally convinced that most of the people without imagination think in a way similar to mine. I am happy to know that you people are so lively, energetic and smart.This is not a disability at all....The only time when i was very helpless was when i had to deal with advanced physics problems, just like any other teenager preparing for competitive exams. I was very disheartened when i realized that it was so easy for others. But, i am very happy that i overcame those depressive feelings easily and now i am back in the track like everyone else...! We should be looking at the positive side of things rather than finding flaws in us! Please share your views and your experiences in this topic! You people are really smart!! It would be really great if you could share your experiences related to your learning strategies! I am just 17 ...... Thank you !
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds