Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bloody Spam

Bloody Spam 5 months 2 weeks ago #40144

• Possel
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 3
Thomas

It looks as though this has become the mmocs forum instead of aphantasia. Please can you do something about it, frequently?

I have offered twice to be a moderator for you, even if simply to get rid of the crap that appears here! It might then get used more often...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stringer

Bloody Spam 5 months 1 week ago #40146

• moyer
  • Junior Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 32
I just looked at the activity of this forum, and it looks like 2 legit posts have been made in the last month, and none since about 4 months before that. I also looked at logins by members, and it really might only have been you, me, and one other in the last 8 months or so... It is unfortunate to say, but i think this forum is kind of dead. good luck finding what youre looking for!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stringer

Bloody Spam 5 months 1 week ago #40147

• stringer
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 12
I sent a PM to Thomas, almost a year ago, offering to assist with moderation to help keep it free of the spam messages, but I've heard nothing back from him.

I think you are right, that the forum is almost dead. The spam makes it very off-putting and I'm sure it must deter people from participating.

It is a shame, since it must have taken quite a lot of effort to construct the website in the first place, and there is certainly niche for an active forum in this area, I would have thought.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vaderhaus

Bloody Spam 4 months 1 week ago #40150

• Possel
  • New Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 3
I see my messages to Thomas last year are still in my outbox - i.e. he hasn't read them yet.

Interestingly, under them in my inbox I see the message that "Unread messages will stay in the inbox for 36524 days max. before being erased automatically." I reckon that 36524 days is exactly 100 years... Nice to be remembered, I suppose
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds