Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: what I have learnt this week aphantasia learning curve

what I have learnt this week aphantasia learning curve 3 years 9 months ago #820

• phoenixmoon
  • Junior Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 45
firstly that i am not alone, secondly that there no point to keep trying to learn to visualise just accept it.

Aslo i have spent so long on FB and this site i have neglected other things.

And a big one i think at last i have found the solution to dieting. I have realised that my snacking is a way to relive the taste sensations of certain foods. for example I love absolutely love chocolate but each tie i taste it its like discovering it a fresh. theres a new galaxy aero mousse bar this is divine but each time i try it tis like i have not had it before so keep buying it because i know its going to taste delightful. So i have to tell myself yes i know its wonderful i do not really need to try it again. Same with savoury snack like cheese nibbles etc. this i would never have got my head round if i had not found out others can have a taste memory or what ever it is they do with taste.

I am sure more thing will occur out for now this is my learning curve
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nathan Buzby

what I have learnt this week aphantasia learning curve 3 years 9 months ago #866

• Nathan Buzby
  • Senior Aphantasiac
  • Thank you received: 98
Self discovery for the win! To channel Anna a bit here go #teamaphantasia
Tone Disclaimer: If you read something I write and feel I am trolling, please read it again and imagine instead you are talking to a teacher or professor. I do not write from a place of self-superiority or ego, I favor dialectical conversations that seek to find underlying causation and truth.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds